Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snowy Weather: Amazing

It started snowing about 2 o'clock this afternoon. Over the next hour, about an inch of snow fell, and another inch fell over the next hour. There were between four and six inches by 6 o'clock. It's now midnight, and it's still snowing. That's just background for my post.

I look out my back windows and look out. My backyard is wooded, sloped away from the house, and there are only trees for several hundred yards. It's as light out now at midnight as it was at 5. Maybe part of that is due to the streetlights in the neighborhood, though they do not directly reach my backyard. Maybe it's in part due to the lights from I-81 Exit 5 about a mile away. My backyard woods are clearly and evenly illuminated, without shadows, though all in a ghostly bluish cast. It's beautiful.

I thought about going out, except, it's cold outside and it's warm in my house. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment