Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Commercial Caution: Don't blindly accept what you hear

Let me start by saying that most comments on commercials aren't for or against the topic. I stick those comments in the Political Thoughts blog.

I just heard a commercial from "Go Red for Women," a group that sponsors cancer research.

The commercial stated that "one out of three women will die from breast cancer this year."

Really? Does that mean that there will be no women left in three years? I guess we don't need to worry so much about global warming, uh, "climate change" after all, since we'll die out after this generation anyway, what with no women left and all...

Edit: It's "one out of three women will die from heart disease this year." Sorry for any misunderstanding, but it doesn't change my point.

No comments:

Post a Comment